- 200g butter
- 100g milk & 100g dark chocolate
- 80g dark cocoa powder
- 65g gluten-free flour (I've used variously brown rice, sorghum, even millet but regular gf flour like Dove's Farm will do too)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (or a little more)
- 200g castor sugar (could use more but this works for me(
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberries (frozen is fine and hardly need defrosting)
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts or similar, chopped
- some ice-cream or creme fraiche to finish
Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, decorate with the raspberries, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes. You don’t want to overcook them so, unlike cakes, you don’t want a skewer to come out all clean. The brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle. Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares.
Really yummy. Also freeze perfect - just wrap in tin-foil and nuke afterwards to serve!
For the carb-counters, I make it at least 350g CHO for the tray. That works out about 20g CHO per generous slice which is pretty good 'bang per buck' carb-wise.